FAQs | Patrick McBurney Attorney at Law


Search by Category

If I share custody, will I have to owe child support?

Generally speaking, you won’t. However, if your partner is on public assistance, the government may choose to…

Read More

Is there a resource to help show how much I owe in child support?

Yes, you can go online and you can Google child support calculator in Washington State. And the…

Read More

The children now live with me, do I need to pay child support?

The answer is yes. Until a court order or an administrative order is entered, ending your child…

Read More

What does a consultation look like?

Hi, I’m Patrick McBurney, and you’ve come to my office because you are in need of financial…

Read More

What is an uncontested divorce?

An uncontested divorce is a situation where one of the parties chooses not to come to court,…

Read More

What is community property?

Community property is a doctrine in several states that basically states that all of the property acquired…

Read More

What issues will be resolved in a divorce case?

In a typical divorce case, when there are children involved, the court will divide the party’s assets…

Read More

After I file my case, what should I do if a creditor demands payment

After I filed my case, what should I do if a creditor demands payment, you should immediately…

Read More

Get an Evaluation to See if Bankruptcy is Right for You